Well, thank god I no longer allow Ed to rule my life, because ever since giving yoga a try about a month ago, it has changed my attitude about life and more importantly about my body.
It's true when they said yoga allows you to see your strength and feel your body. It's such an empowering process and one that is definitely worth your time.
Here are my top reasons for giving yoga a go:
1. Increased awareness of your body.
2. Produces a feeling of strength and power.
3. Increased focus on breathing.
4. Focuses on breathing and pushing through pain or difficulty.
5. Increases relaxation.
6. Reduces stress.
7. Opens your heart.
8. Stretches your body.
9. Allows you to reflect on your life in this moment.
10. Increases balance and stability in both body and mind.
Here are some websites that offer free videos for beginners if you want to try a practice at home:
Do Yoga With Me
My Yoga Online
Yoga Vibes (15 day free trial)
Yoga Glo (15 day free trial)
Or you could sign up for a class in your area to start!
I urge you to at least give it a try for a week or two and see how it goes. I can pretty much guarantee that you will get something beneficial from it!
Do you already practice yoga? Tell me why you love it?